If internet users are looking for something on search engines, the first thing they see is the title tag. For that, it is important for you to pay more attention to this tag.
What are Title Tags?The title tag is the main element of a website in the form of text that is located between the code and . This tag contains the title of a page and describes the contents of the page.
<head> <title>Judul Halaman</title> </head>
The title of the page will provide information about what is discussed on the page. Moreover, these tags are not only useful for readers, but also search engines.
Why Are Title Tags Important For SEO?The title tag will be used by search engines as the page title in the SERP (Search Engine Results Pages).
This tag can also affect the website's position in search engines. Why so? Below will be explained 2 reasons that can affect the ranking of a website.
1. Shows the relevance of the page to search enginesThe title tag serves to provide information to search engines about what is written on a page.
Search engines will analyze the relationship between these tags and existing content. The level of relevance of a page will greatly affect the position of the website. This is done to provide the right information to information seekers as desired.
2. Affects Click Through Rate (CTR)In accordance with its location on the first line of the snippet, this tag will be seen first before the user sees the description.
Therefore, the tag will greatly affect the click through rate, which is the ratio between the number of clicks and the number of views.
If you want to get a large number of clicks on search engines, create a title tag or page title effectively.
Where Are Title Tags Found?This tag has a significant influence on the reader. Because whether the reader wants to open a page or not, can see it through this tag.
This tag will be used and found in several places, including the following.
1. Web BrowserOne of the places that will display it is a web browser. This is the location most frequently seen by readers.
This tag is found in the bar at the very top of the web browser that shows the title of the web page.
In addition to the bar, this tag will also be used as the title of the site stored in the web browser's bookmarks.
2. Search Engine Results PagesThe title tag will also be used by search engines on their search results pages (SERP). This tag will be on the first line of each snippet.
As previously explained above, this tag has an important role in search engine optimization. This tag will affect the number of clicks on a website in the SERP.
3. Social MediaSocial media is also one of the places where this tag is found. How can this be found on social media?
If a page on a website is shared (shared) on social media, the title tag will be used as the title.
Tips for Making Title TagsThen, how to make it properly. Here will be explained about 5 things that need to be considered.
1. Must be relevantThe first thing to do is to create a title tag that has relevance / relevance to the content created.
Title tags must be made accurately. This means that this tag should be descriptive, describing what is being written on the page.
Do not make it not at all describe the content of the writing that is made. Because search engines will see the relevance of this tag, which will also determine the position of your website.
2. Use keywords in itKeyword is the text that will be used to perform search engine optimization.
Keywords can be found on various elements of the website. One of them is the title tag. Put the keywords you are targeting on a page into this tag.
You can enter primary and secondary keywords in this tag. As long as these keywords must have a relationship with the content of the page that is created. Don't use irrelevant keywords.
The best tip for optimizing keywords in the title tag is to put them at the beginning.
3. Do not enter keywords excessivelyKeywords do need to be used in the title tag, but use them naturally, don't overdo it (keyword stuffing).
Keyword stuffing is an act of spam. This is not liked by google. For that, avoid writing excessive keywords in the title tag.
Through the blog Matt Cutts said to avoid keyword stuffing. If this is done on a website, the consequence is that the website can be banned and out of the google index.
4. Fishing natureA good title tag is one that is provoking or inviting, which can make readers click. This will affect the click through rate.
Enter words like "latest," "easy," "complete," and so on that would make readers want to open them.
5. Avoid creating the same title tag with other pagesDon't have the same title tag on every page.
Google says through its search engine optimization starter guide that ideally every page has a unique (different) title tag. This will help Google to distinguish the pages on your website from other pages.
The five tips mentioned above I think are enough to make an effective title tag. In essence, make it for the benefit of the reader as well. Not only for search engines.