How to Import and Export WordPress is sometimes the most questionable thing when upgrading hosting.
When someone already has a free CMS-based website, usually there are several concerns that make them hesitant to upgrade hosting . For example, with sometimes haunting things like:
- "If I upgrade hosting, what will happen to the website that I worked so hard to build? Does the website have to be rebuilt from scratch?"
- "What about all the data on the old website? If you have to copy one by one, it's a waste of time ! "
Especially if the previous website is already quite developed, it's a shame, right, if you have to redo everything?
No need to worry, you don't need to create a website from scratch, really. Because in WordPress, when you want to change hosting, you only need to import and export WordPress .
In essence, you just need to move all the data from the old WordPress to the new WordPress.
Why does this need to be done? There are several reasons, namely:
- Makes it easy to upgrade hosting from free WordPress.com to new hosting and domains;
- In order to develop the website to be more optimal;
- No need to republish content on a new website;
- For online stores, there is no need to re-enter user data one by one;
- Want to save a backup of WordPress data on a computer.
Yes, this is tantamount to moving house. The difference is, import and export WordPress can be done more easily. All content in the old WordPress will appear automatically in the new WordPress.
This time, you will find the most complete and easiest tutorial on how to import WordPress and how to export WordPress!
Are you ready to import and export WordPress? Let's Begin!
|How to Import and Export WordPress Easiest Method|
How to export WordPress?
Just like you pack your things when you move house, export WordPress is done by combining all your website data into one file. This file will be automatically compressed and you can download.
For more details, let's follow the following tutorial on how to export WordPress:
1. Go to the Page Export
2.Export Content WordPress
- One, to export all content in the form of text, be it pages, posts, etc.
- Second, export all media libraries in the form of images, videos, audio, and documents.
First, click Export All or Export All .
Second, click Download on the notification Export .
Then, click Download in the column Export Media Library .
3. Extract File WordPress
The file that will be automatically downloaded is initially in the format .zip . Please extract the file first.
If it has been extracted, the original file will be saved in format XML .
How to Import WordPressAfter getting the old WordPress export file, the next thing you have to do is import the file in the new WordPress.
Here are the short steps on how to import WordPress:
1. Go to the Import PagePlease login to new WordPress your . Select the menu Tools , then click Import .
2. Install Run ImporterWhen on the Import page, you just need to scroll until you find the option WordPress . Please click Install Now to install the WordPress Importer plugin.
3. Upload File and Run ImporterThe third step of how to import WordPress has a few short steps. After you have installed Run Importer, please click Run Importer .
4. Submit File Import WordPressThe last step how to import WordPress easily is submitting the file.
In the section Assign Authors , you can change the name of the post's author. Either by creating a new user or pointing to an existing user in the new WordPress.
Also click the checklist box in the section Import Attachment , so that files or images in the blog post can be imported too.
Next, click Submit .
Done! That's how to import WordPress. Easy isn't it?
How to Import Export Widget WordPress
In the previous tutorial, the built-in tool Run Importer can only export and import your content. These tools are not able to export and import widgets that are already installed in your WordPress.
If you want to move the existing widgets in your previous WordPress, the easiest way is to use the plugin Widget Importer & Exporter .
1. Export Widget WordPress
2. Import Widget WordPress
How to import WordPress, especially the widgets section, you can do by: login to new WordPress your and install the plugin Widget Importer & Exporter as in the first step.
Then open the Widgets Importer & Exporter page in the menu Devices/Tools .
This time, you have to click Choose File and select the file with the extension .wie that you downloaded earlier. Then, click Import Widgets .